The Kapunda Tennis club was formed in 1968, after an invitation from the council to the various church and local community Tennis Clubs at that time to form a town club at the Dutton Park Town Courts. There were 4 courts there at the time and initially the newly formed club entered teams in the ‘Barossa and Light‘ and ‘The Kapunda and Districts‘ Associations.
In approximately 1977 a further 3 courts were created to the south of the Dutton Park clubrooms, bringing the total number of tennis courts to 7.
This year we are now entering our 50th Year !! and will be Celebrating this on Saturday 17th November 2018, 1pm -6pm at our Courts.
The Kapunda Tennis Club became Incorporated in 2002.
Senior teams now participate in a combined Gawler and Barossa competition, while our night and junior sides compete in the Barossa and Light Association.The Kapunda Tennis Club has continually made tennis affordable and accessible to people within the Kapunda region and surrounds since 1968.
Vision and Mission
Our vision is for a vibrant, healthy and progressive club that thrives on providing enjoyable tennis playing opportunities.
Our values are:
- To be welcoming to people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
- To provide an atmosphere of positive encouragement to all those wanting to play tennis.
- To have a progressive and contemporary approach to promoting the sport and the Club.
- Demonstrate financial propriety.
- Safety consciousness and accountability, protective towards children and youth.
- Continuous improvement of the Club and its facilities.
- To demonstrate transparency in our communication and administration of the Club.
Our mission is promoting and encouraging the playing and enjoyment of tennis for all ages, abilities and backgrounds for the community of Kapunda and the visiting public.
Our aims are:
- To contribute to the health and vitality of Kapunda, by raising the profile of tennis and making the sport more readily accessible to the local community.
- To provide a welcoming, safe, responsible and relaxing atmosphere for Club members and visitors.
- To encourage more people, particularly youth to play tennis and contribute to the running and vitality of the Club.
- To facilitate opportunities for people to develop their tennis playing abilities and to progress in the sport.
- To maintain and enhance the quality of tennis playing facilities, the clubhouse and its environment and keep under review future short and longer term development opportunities
Kapunda Tennis Club has teams competing in Junior, senior and night competitions. We have a social midweek group that meet throughout the year. We offer the ‘Hot shots’ program for children 5-10 years. A practice only membership is available for older children unable to start tennis and in need of affordable coaching.
We are affiliated with Tennis SA. Visit their website: http://www.tennis.com.au/sa/
|Vice President||Grant Prior|
|Junior Coordinators||Olivia Waldhuter|
|Committee Members||Sally Wuttke|